We are Freeverse: a fast-growing, well-funded startup, recognized last year as one of the most innovative companies in Spain. We’re revolutionizing the digital asset ownership market – valued last year at $22Bn and growing exponentially - by bringing next generation blockchain technology to the metaverse. We are the home of ‘Living Asset’ NFTs – digital assets that can evolve and change based on how they are used, so that their value is determined by their utility, as opposed to speculation on their rarity. Read more about our company at http://freeverse.io; and more about our vision at https://medium.com/freeverse-i....
Our unique approach to digital asset creation and usage, powered by our patent-pending technology, has permitted us to sign marquee customers in our core target verticals. With our most recent funding round, co-led by large international VCs, we are in the position to grow our team substantially – and that’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Fullstack Engineer to immediately join our team, in order to help scale the deployment of our products, and support our B2B customers. At Freeverse, you'll be working with seasoned developers like yourself who understands frontend methodologies inside and out and how to build robust, secure and efficient applications. If you’re a motivated, self-starter who can power through ambiguity and work independently to achieve results, you'll thrive in the fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment inherent to a high-growth technology company like Freeverse.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain fullstack applications for our Living Asset NFT API, whether as first party products or in collaboration with our partners.
- Implement advanced UI for client dashboards, tracking, and analytics.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to efficiently implement designs and workflows.
- Design, implement and manage suitable backend services.
- Collaborate with both internal and external backend engineers to shape and define API contracts.
- Use the latest technology, based around React and NodeJs; yet proposing new technologies and approaches where appropriate.
- Work with automated build and continuous integration systems.
- Ensure the smooth operation of and participate in emergency response situations for outages in our front-end applications.
- Design and implement unit testable code that is highly maintainable.
- Have ownership of your work, from design to deployment and operation; making an impact on helping to decide what we build and how we build it.
- Communicate and suggest new ideas and designs in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to quickly and efficiently convert UI/UX design into production-ready applications.
- Knowledge of experience of how to implement and efficient interact with a complex backend API (either via REST or GraphQL).
- Experience with Test Driven Development, or understand its importance.
- Maximal autonomy, with a critical thinking mindset, capable of constructively arguing about your view on how something should be done.
- Fluency in either English or Spanish.
- An “appreciate first” attitude to team-work – always providing honest feedback, while assuming that everyone is doing their best.
Not mandatory, but valued as a plus:
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Knowledge of blockchain development.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
What we offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge.
- Professional learning accounts to continue your development.
- Exponential growth opportunities.
- A company culture that is respectful and empathetic, while being innovative and challenging.
Flexible Work Policy
- We are a remote-friendly company and permit our staff the flexibility to combine homeworking with a vibrant office environment.
- We require most staff to travel to our office once or twice a week, depending on position.
- Once a quarter you may be required to attend the office to meet with the whole team, for up to 5 days.
- As such, you will need to be based in Spain, preferably in or near Barcelona. We may be able to help with relocation if required.
- We have flexible working schedules, organized around core hours, to fit around your life.
- Team members that want to come to the office are more than welcome to!