We are Freeverse: a fast-growing, well-funded startup, recognized last year as one of the most innovative companies in Spain. We’re revolutionizing the digital asset ownership market – valued last year at $22Bn and growing exponentially - by bringing next generation blockchain technology to the metaverse. We are the home of ‘Living Asset’ NFTs – digital assets that can evolve and change based on how they are used, so that their value is determined by their utility, as opposed to speculation on their rarity. Read more about our company at http://freeverse.io; and more about our vision at https://medium.com/freeverse-i....
Our unique approach to digital asset creation and usage, powered by our patent-pending technology, has permitted us to sign marquee customers in our core target verticals. With our most recent funding round, co-led by large international VCs, we are in the position scale our product and ensure it meets the strictest standards of quality – and that’s where you come in!
As QA engineer in our team, you will be responsible for the creation of tests to identify issues with software before each product launch. Your duties will include identifying and analysing any bugs and errors found during the test phase and creating comprehensive documentation for the development team to review review and fix issue. You will also involved in developing and running new tests, reporting on the results and collaborating with development team to improve performance.
What you’ll do
- Create tests to identify software problems.
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests.
- Document results of tests for the software development team.
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance.
- Works together with the development team to enhance and improve our products in general.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to research and compare similar competitor products.
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements.
- Experience in software development and testing.
- University degree in computer science, engineering, maths, or similar.
- High proficiency in computer technology and programming languages in general.
- In-depth understanding of Java, Python, SQL, C++ and XML.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent level of English.
Not mandatory, but valued as a plus:
- You speak Spanish.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge.
- Professional learning accounts to continue your development.
- Exponential growth opportunities.
- A company culture that is respectful and empathetic, while being innovative and challenging.
Flexible Work Policy
- We are a remote-friendly company and permit our staff the flexibility to combine homeworking with a vibrant office environment.
- We require most staff to travel to our office once or twice a week, depending on position.
- Once a quarter you may be required to attend the office to meet with the whole team, for up to 5 days.
- As such, you will need to be based in Spain, preferably in or near Barcelona. We may be able to help with relocation if required.
- We have flexible working schedules, organized around core hours, to fit around your life.
- Team members that want to come to the office are more than welcome to!