We are Freeverse: a fast-growing, well-funded startup, recognized last year as one of the most innovative companies in Spain. We’re revolutionizing the digital asset ownership market – valued last year at $22Bn and growing exponentially - by bringing next generation blockchain technology to the metaverse. We are the home of ‘Living Asset’ NFTs – digital assets that can evolve and change based on how they are used, so that their value is determined by their utility, as opposed to speculation on their rarity. Read more about our company at http://freeverse.io; and more about our vision at https://medium.com/freeverse-i....
Our unique approach to digital asset creation and usage, powered by our patent-pending technology, has permitted us to sign marquee customers in our core target verticals. With our most recent funding round, co-led by large international VCs, we are in a position to take on ambitious projects from multiple clients– and that’s where you come in!
As a Technical Project Manager at Freeverse, you will be responsible for ensuring that several large, well-funded development projects (software, websites, apps, games) are delivered on time and within specification. You will be the principal point of contact both for client commissioning the project, and for the internal and external teams responsible for its delivery. This is an important role which requires a fierce attention to detail, impeccable management skills, and flawless communication with all stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that our commissioned software development projects are implemented and delivered, on time and to specification.
- Be the main point of contact for our clients involved in these projects.
- Create detailed project development plans, broken down into stages and tied to budgets.
- Negotiate and manage externally contracted teams, deciding who and when to contract when necessary.
- Manage the development teams' roadmaps and backlogs, using industry standard tools and services.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Work with sales staff to meet with key potential clients and partners and assist in closing deals.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager in a software development environment.
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex and high-budget technical projects.
- Solid understanding of project management frameworks and tools, and a fan on Agile methodology.
- Unafraid of being hands-on with daily management of backlog tasks, without losing focus on the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams with and without formal authority.
- Willing to travel to meet clients and partners, and attend events.
- Fluent level of English.
Not mandatory, but valued as a plus:
- MBA or other higher management qualification
- You speak Spanish.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge.
- Professional learning accounts to continue your development.
- Exponential growth opportunities.
- A company culture that is respectful and empathetic, while being innovative and challenging.
Flexible Work Policy
- We are a remote-friendly company and permit our staff the flexibility to combine homeworking with a vibrant office environment.
- We require most staff to travel to our office once or twice a week, depending on position.
- Once a quarter you may be required to attend the office to meet with the whole team, for up to 5 days.
- As such, you will need to be based in Spain, preferably in or near Barcelona. We may be able to help with relocation if required.
- We have flexible working schedules, organized around core hours, to fit around your life.
- Team members that want to come to the office are more than welcome to!