We are Freeverse: a fast-growing, well-funded startup, recognized last year as one of the most innovative companies in Spain. We’re revolutionizing the digital asset ownership market – valued last year at $22Bn and growing exponentially - by bringing next-generation blockchain technology to the metaverse. We are the home of ‘Living Asset’ NFTs – digital assets that can evolve and change based on how they are used, so that their value is determined by their utility, as opposed to speculation on their rarity. Read more about our company at http://freeverse.io; and more about our vision at https://medium.com/freeverse-io
Our unique approach to digital asset creation and usage, powered by our patent-pending technology, has permitted us to sign marquee customers in our core target verticals. With our most recent Series A funding round, co-led by Earlybird and Target Global, we now need to scale – and that’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Backend Engineer, with strong experience in developing in Golang, to join our team, in order to help scale the deployment of our products and support our B2B customers. At Freeverse, you'll be working with seasoned developers like yourself who understands backend architectures inside and out and how to build robust, secure, and efficient environments. If you’re a motivated, self-starter who can power through ambiguity and work independently to achieve results, you'll thrive in the fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment inherent to a high-growth technology company like Freeverse.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement unit-testable code that is highly maintainable.
- Join a team working with SCRUM methodology.
- Create and maintain a scalable deployment solution for a multi-application ecosystem.
- Develop and maintain automated build and continuous integration systems.
- Use the latest cloud, automation, continuous integration, monitoring, and container technologies.
- Ensure the smooth operation of and participate in emergency response situations for outages in our infrastructure.
- Design and implement data models/schemas in the data access layer.
- Collaborate with both internal and external UI/backend engineers to shape and define API contracts.
- Assess our current development and deployment processes, design and document architecture and migration plans, and ensure our team successfully implements them.
- Communicate and suggest new ideas and designs in both written and verbal formats.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in coding and software development; strong OOP and software design knowledge.
- Experience with system languages: Go (Golang), or alternatively Rust, C++, or Java.
- Experience with methodologies tools and languages: SCRUM & Kanban; Docker, Docker-compose; CI/CD (circleci, GitHub actions).
- Familiarity with the latest cloud, automation, continuous integration, monitoring, and container technologies.
- Experience building MVPs with future improvements in mind not being afraid to move forward with existing deficiencies to be later improved.
- Experience designing APIs with Test Driven Development, TDD, or understanding the importance of TDD.
- Fluent level of English
Not mandatory, but valued as a plus:
- 1+ years in a DevOps role, preferably in an AWS environment.
- Fluency in Spanish.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Latest generation equipment.
- Flexible work environment: combining home office and vibrant office life (hybrid modality with a flexible schedule).
- Stylish office with a terrace and panoramic views in Barcelona beach area (22@, metro Marina / Bogatell).
- Free lunches with the team twice per week.
Unlimited coffee and tea in the office.
- Work in an open-minded, dynamic and international team of highly qualified professionals.
- A company culture that is respectful and empathetic, while being innovative and challenging.
- Flat company organization where everyone gets their say.
- Possibility to progress and evolve within the company.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Team events, after-work celebrations, and company offsites in great locations.