We are Freeverse: a fast-growing, well-funded startup, recognized last year as one of the most innovative companies in Spain. We’re revolutionizing the digital asset ownership market – valued last year at $22Bn and growing exponentially - by bringing next generation blockchain technology to the metaverse. We are the home of ‘Living Asset’ NFTs – digital assets that can evolve and change based on how they are used, so that their value is determined by their utility, as opposed to speculation on their rarity. Read more about our company at http://freeverse.io; and more about our vision at https://medium.com/freeverse-i....
Our unique approach to digital asset creation and usage, powered by our patent-pending technology, has permitted us to sign marquee customers in our core target verticals. With our most recent funding round, co-led by large international VCs, we now need to scale – and that’s where you come in!
As our Head of Sales, your mission will be to ensure Freeverse's platform is use as wide as possible, across multiple verticals. You will need to source, nurture, and close headline deals, as well as create and lead a team to support our entire sales cycle. As we are operating in an innovative, young, and high-growth industry, you will also have essential input to our core vision and strategy as a company, helping guide us to become a reference within the future digital ownership ecosystem.
What you’ll do
- Plan and implement the company's sales strategy, for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Develop & maintain an ongoing pipeline of strategic opportunities to ensure achievement of sales targets.
- Foster relationships, and lead discussions and negotiations with potential partners and clients.
- Identify emerging industry trends and analyze this information to design our corporate sales strategy.
- Train, motivate and manage our sales team. Focus on both retention of talent and also growing the team in short term.
- Prepare forecasts and KPI reporting for the management, for use in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Maintain accountability; deliver successful outcomes with measurable results.
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development.
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Engineering, Product and Marketing.
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders both externally and internally.
- Review current sales internal and external communications, implementing continuous improvement wherever necessary.
- 8+ years’ experience in sales B2B in technology / gaming sectors is essential.
- International experience is essential, as is fluency in English.
- Proven track record in successfully defining and implementing a sales strategy for a B2B technology or entertainment company.
- Thorough knowledge of sales principles.
- Passion for innovative high-tech products and for cutting-edge technology.
- Desire to work in a start-up environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to build and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders in an international environment.
Not mandatory, but valued as a plus:
- MA in Management, or similar field.
- Knowledge and understanding of NFT marketplaces and communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the videogaming sector and /or the cryptocurrency industry.
- Experience in start up organizations would be highly valued.
- Fluency in Spanish.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge.
- Professional learning accounts to continue your development.
- Exponential growth opportunities.
- A company culture that is respectful and empathetic, while being innovative and challenging.
Flexible Work Policy
- We are a remote-friendly company and permit our staff the flexibility to combine homeworking with a vibrant office environment.
- We require most staff to travel to our office once or twice a week, depending on position.
- Once a quarter you may be required to attend the office to meet with the whole team, for up to 5 days.
- As such, you will need to be based in Spain, preferably in or near Barcelona. We may be able to help with relocation if required.
- We have flexible working schedules, organized around core hours, to fit around your life.
- Team members that want to come to the office are more than welcome to!