We are Freeverse: a fast-growing, well-funded startup, recognized last year as one of the most innovative companies in Spain. We’re revolutionizing the digital asset ownership market – valued last year at $22Bn and growing exponentially - by bringing next generation blockchain technology to the metaverse. We are the home of ‘Living Asset’ NFTs – digital assets that can evolve and change based on how they are used, so that their value is determined by their utility, as opposed to speculation on their rarity. Read more about our company at http://freeverse.io; and more about our vision at https://medium.com/freeverse-io.
We are a team of experienced developers and researchers, with expertise across several domains: math & cryptography, smart contracts, critical system development, front/backends, real-time processing and more. We love learning while building systems that enable new industries. As we now scaling our product to deploy simultaneously with many clients, we are in need of stable systems that can be easily maintained and updated – and that’s where you come in!
We are seeking a DevOps Blockchain Engineer, to work with our teams to deliver CI/CD pipelines, and eventually take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment and maintenance of systems with a strong focus on security and modularity. You will interact with a wide range of Web3 technologies.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain a scalable deployment solution for a multi-application ecosystem
- Develop and maintain automated build and continuous integration systems
- Use the latest cloud, automation, continuous integration, monitoring, and container technologies
- Ensure the smooth operation of and participate in emergency response situations for outages in our infrastructure
- Assess our current development and deployment processes, design and document architecture and migration plans, and ensure our team successfully implements
- Implement best practices and cost optimization strategies
- Communicate and suggest new ideas and designs in both written and verbal formats
- Be part of the web3 revolution!
- Learn, learn, and learn.
You’re a collaborative team player who rolls up their sleeves, responds quickly and decisively, is flexible and open to change, and is able to productively work with the team to achieve company objectives. You have a high attention to detail and love to learn and solve complex engineering problems, and are open and enthusiastic to learn about new technology when required. In particular, you have:
- At least 2 years of prior devops or otherwise relevant industry experience.
- Experience in Kubernetes and work with micro-service architecture.
- Experience with the following methodologies, tools and languages:
- CI/CD (circleci, github actions)
- Familiarity with the latest cloud, automation, continuous integration, monitoring, and container technologies
- Experience building MVP's with future improvements in mind, and not being afraid to move forward with existing deficiencies to be improved later
- Experience with backing up, provisioning & disaster recover production databases
- Seasoned with Linux systems
- Professional capacity to communicate in either English or Spanish
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge.
- Professional learning accounts to continue your development.
- Exponential growth opportunities.
- A company culture that is respectful and empathetic, while being innovative and challenging.
Flexible Work Policy
- We are a remote-friendly company and permit our staff the flexibility to combine homeworking with a vibrant office environment.
- We require most staff to travel to our office once or twice a week, depending on position.
- Once a quarter you may be required to attend the office to meet with the whole team, for up to 5 days.
- As such, you will need to be based in Spain, preferably in or near Barcelona. We may be able to help with relocation if required.
- We have flexible working schedules, organized around core hours, to fit around your life.
- Team members that want to come to the office are more than welcome to. There's always free coffee and tea, and we take everyone who's in the office for lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays.