We are Freeverse: a fast-growing, well-funded startup, recognized last year as one of the most innovative companies in Spain. We’re revolutionizing the digital asset ownership market – valued last year at $22Bn and growing exponentially - by bringing next-generation blockchain technology to the metaverse. We are the home of ‘Living Asset’ NFTs – digital assets that can evolve and change based on how they are used, so that their value is determined by their utility, as opposed to speculation on their rarity. Read more about our company at http://freeverse.io; and more about our vision at https://medium.com/freeverse-io.
Our unique approach to digital asset creation and usage, powered by our patent-pending technology, has permitted us to sign marquee customers in our core target verticals. With our most recent Series A funding round, co-led by Earlybird and Target Global, we now need to scale – and that’s where you come in!
As our Technical Recruiter / Tech Talent Acquisition Specialist, your mission will be to position Freeverse as the reference in terms of excellent candidate experience and a strong employer brand. You will also contribute to reducing our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals to grow our innovative team.
What you’ll do
- Provide full-stack recruitment solutions and best practices for both technical and non-technical roles.
- Partner with our team to identify hiring needs and translate them into adequate job descriptions.
- Craft and post appealing recruitment job ads on relevant channels.
- Source potential candidates via a wide variety of strategies and channels including niche platforms, like Stack Overflow, Github, or similar.
- Screening CV, and portfolios as well as performing pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ must-haves to provide a shortlist of qualified candidates.
- Interview candidates by combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions).
- Network online and offline to build a strong talent pipeline and engage with passive candidates and stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- Scheduling interviews and coordinating the logistics (booking a room if necessary, and making sure all the parties are prepared to participate).
- Delivering feedback to non-selected candidates and making sure their experience is up-to-the highest standards.
- Managing, optimizing, and updating our Applicant Tracking System.
- Support the HR department in onboarding new hires.
- Participate in employer branding projects and activities.
- Actively contributing to improvements in our processes.
Requirements and skills
- Previous success working as a Technical Recruiter, ideally in the blockchain, NFTs, web3, crypto, gaming, or similar industries.
- Broad knowledge of the European / EMEA talent market.
- Versatility and flexibility to hire for a variety of roles both technical and non-technical as well as fast adapting to changing priorities.
- International experience and desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Creativity and passion for finding new approaches to attract talent in a competitive market.
- Experience with different interview formats (e.g. phone, video, and in-person).
- Proficient understanding of a software development life cycle, and a variety of IT roles such as UX / UI designer, Front-end and back-end developers, Project Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, DevOps & QA Engineers, etc.
- Familiarity with technical vocabulary, programming languages, tools, and methodologies (SCRUM, Agile, Kanban, and similar) and especially the ability to use this knowledge for the best candidate evaluation.
- Tech-savvy person, passionate about new technologies and, up-to-date with the latest trends in the industry.
- Sociable nature and enjoying cooperation with multiple stakeholders.
- Growth mindset and openness to receive/give feedback.
- Full professional level of English and excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Any background related to computer science, software engineering, tech Information, and communication technology will be considered a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Latest generation equipment.
- Flexible work environment: combining home office and vibrant office life (hybrid modality with a flexible schedule).
- Stylish office with a terrace and panoramic views in Barcelona beach area (22@, metro Marina / Bogatell).
- Free lunches with the team twice per week.
- Unlimited coffee and tea in the office.
- Work in an open-minded, dynamic and international team of highly qualified professionals.
- A company culture that is respectful and empathetic, while being innovative and challenging.
- Flat company organization where everyone gets their say.
- Possibility to progress and evolve within the company.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Team events, after-work celebrations, and company offsites in great locations.